A Platform For Exposing The Worst Hater Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BRET, HIDEHO AND OTHERS .... THE WORST HATER TROLLS

SYKES TAKE ON - BEING A MOD

Sykes
    Sykes

SYKES TAKE ON - BEING A MOD Empty SYKES TAKE ON - BEING A MOD

Post  Sykes Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:07 am

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". Such a true saying, dear readers, would you not agree? And very relevant when the land of the blind is the internet. Lying has become the No 1 'In Thing'. I suppose it is much easier to be economical with the truth from behind a screen. Many examples has been pointed out to me - including a recent one where despite concrete and incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, again and again false information has been presented as truth. Even when things are detailed to the nth degree in official documents, posters still trot out all the old and discredited mantras. When they are challenged they often become abusive and even threaten those who disagree with them. "Why don't you leave/sod off/drop dead" is often hurled across the forums. Then come the pms to admin/mods bewailing the fact that so-and-so is being nasty to them, when they have just drunkenly posted up "F**k off, you c**t". In most cases, the mods will evaluate the position and sometimes ban the swearer or at least reprimand them. However, in other situations, it is not the foul-mouthed one who gets the boot, it is their target. Being a mod is not always as glamorous as one might think; sorting out the genuine grievances from the trite can often be quite onerous especially if the mod happens to be 'friends' with both parties, all the while hoping they have made the right decision, and that if things go pear-shaped the often invisible Admin will back them up. Of course, there is always the banning stick, but personally I avoid going down that path if at all possible. Yes, the mod is the one-eyed king, but let me tell you, going by what many mods have said to me, they sometimes wish they had never taken on the task in the first place.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm