A Platform For Exposing The Worst Hater Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BRET, HIDEHO AND OTHERS .... THE WORST HATER TROLLS

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID!

Sykes
    Sykes

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Empty YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID!

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:03 am

This is so unbelievable.   Items from Myths with thanks.  Sykes

Alibongo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:24 am
    Now the lunatics really have taken over the asylum, using the way back search engine they are now accusing CEOP of having Madeleine reported as missing on their page on the 30th April.
    Alibongo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:29 am
    Steve Marsden

Madeleine McCann was reported missing on the CEOP website on April 30, 2007.
    According to the Wayback Machine (archive.org), a capture was made on April 30, 2007.
    The parents officially reported Madeleine missing in the evening of May 3, 2007.
    The source code for this page says it was grabbed at 11:58am on April 30, 2007. On the face of it this means that the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre already knew Madeleine was gone 3 days before the official date.
    Hael » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:27 am
    Those files were grabbed between 30 April 2007 and 04 September 2009 and archived. The grab started with the date of 30 April and INCLUDED all material up to 04 September 2009.
    If by this stupid forkers theory claiming Madeleine went missing according to CEOP on 30 April 2007 then she also went missing on all the other (11 of them captured) days between 30 April and 04 September 2009.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Missing%20myth_zpszogdxvww
    Mobyra » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:32 am
    Not the first time the fools have pulled that one & made themselves look like the ignorant prats they truly are. Last time it was about the date the web-shop on the official missing Madeleine site was opened. Some dim hater claimed the date showed sometime long before 3rd May 2007, turned out they got the software registration date mixed up with the date of the actual opening of the shop. Amaral fans are simply not a very bright bunch.
    Looks to me like the research was infantile as per usual.   Sykes

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! 1511554_1681262418769205_5630251131010496315_n
    Sykes
    Sykes

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Empty Re: YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID!

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:43 am

The Amaral fan club are now all fighting among themselves over this very obvious glitch in Wayback.

Samples from Baulch's group:
    Ben Thompson Marsden can carry on wetting his bed linen over this, he can call me a McCann supporter all he likes. Fact is he's yet to prove a single thing with regards to this wayback rubbish. he is doing nothing more than "pumping" more lies into the media. Cora, with all due respect, most of us are on the same side. Frances however, is on a side all of her own, neither ourselves, nor any of the other groups would associate ourselves with her.

Syn0nymph has already ruled out Stevo's "revelation" post. Now then who do I trust, Syn, who has years of expertise in IT, and who has done amazing work on the case, or the bumbling Marsden the hermit, who is booted from every group he joins for talking total and utter bollocks. Hmmmmm.

Gerry is calling me to Rothley towers for a meeting now, he says I have to up my game, and I'm not supporting them enough.
    Sharon Wheatley ow my ow my steve marsden is a fruit loop and i will not apologise for saying this . unbelievable . why do these people set up a group. become admin then be so up there selves as i said earlier ... they think more of there egos than the facts here ,,, as steve proved to me within days of meeting him on his group . anyone can set up a fb group and be king of it ,,, i pity these people ,, but to use m m as there ego trips is annoying me i have seen it on a few groups now .
    Ben Thompson It's ridiculous Isabel. Frances knows fine well it's a load of old cobblers, but then she just loves to spread lies. Two days of this wild goose chase now, and still she lets Marsden continue with his loony tune fantasy, despite it being beyond logic, and beyond fact. Do they honestly believe that not one member of the press would have said, "Wait a minute, this little girl was missing 3 days ago, why has it only been reported now?" Or is the idea that the McCanns had everyone in their pockets all along, and CEOP got their dates wrong.  
    Ashley Miller Thanks for clearing it up. its made the pros day they have had fun with it today x  
    Ben Thompson They will do, and sadly they'll be laughing at everyone Frances and Marsden have duped.
    Lisa Marie Dermody Certainly not.. the foolish man [Stevo]tried to seduce me haha then i discovered that he had a partner so attempted to ought him. He's an outright liar!
    Sykes
    Sykes

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Empty Re: YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID!

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Steve Marsden

For all the pricks who name call and troll and debunk. Including Ben Thompson and all the other nut jobs supporting the McCanns.
    Thanks Wendy and those who wrote to the Wayback Machine Isabelle McFadden).
    CEOP had a McCann web page on April 30, 2007.

Steve Marsden I don't trust the British police on this case Jan. The Portuguese yes. I hope the info is of use to Snr Amaral.

Marian Greaves Steve Marsden as you are in America, is it any use giving it to the FBI

Maureen Kirkwood Do you think it's genuine then Steve?

Margaret Whittle Certainly explains why no searching ,

Steve Marsden Yes I still believe it to be genuine Maureen. Several hours of analysis and it still holds up.

Maureen Kirkwood I sure hope it is, it's mind blowing that's for sure

Jan Ward Then I hope you have found the missing Link and if you have you need a Knighthood.

Steve Marsden You can usually gauge the validity of something in the McCann case by the amount of personal insults that get hurled by trolls. It has been non stop today so I guess this post is hitting a few raw nerves.

Steve Marsden We have involved the FBI in this Marian. The Wayback Machine can't arbitrarily be modifying and tinkering with pages just because a few Facebook posters are curious. They use their data as evidence in court. Either their data is rock solid and reliable for law enforcement or not. They can't tinker with it. Hence we have involved the FBI.

Tracey Brown Any news from Steve today? Just wondering if the fbi got back to him xx

Stephanie Sanderson He'll be asleep, he's in the states..
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Some half-wit in Stevo and Blondie's group has sent this drivel to Amaral:

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Screen23

Oh, so do we! With any luck, he'll present this bollox in court.

Lynn Axford What I cannot abide the most is team McCann thinking people are fools and swallowing their cow poo
    But you lot ARE fools, and you've just swallowed Stevo's Grade A cow poo....  
    Jan Ward It maybe a mistake of some kind but the ones to investigste it are the Portuguese Police before it is removed IMO
    Investigate what? A glitch in the Wayback system?
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:37 pm

amsterdamkush ‏@amsterdamkush 3h3 hours ago
    Did anyone ever do a textual analysis of K #mccann and compare it with trolls such as Safari Sara? I have the feeling Safari IS Kate!

They get madder and madder every minute!!
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:53 pm

The numties are all shouting insults between groups, and fighting with each other....
    Nikki Louise Plummer What really annoys me about all of this is that it's ended up doing nothing more than driving a wedge straight through the McC Sceptics esp on twitter which of course the McC sups & co will just love. Most were reasonable debate but there was some abject rudeness from ppl who bought this 30th April BS last nite elsewhere. Bravo Stevie, sorry but it's just caused havoc atm & stuff like this does the campaign for justice no good what so ever. Should have been handled privately with key confidantes to get checked & then simple timeline of comms strategy from there with the facts if at all.

Cora CoCo I don't think there's any need to call people for having different opinions than you. If these people are bothering you this much, then you need to ask yourself, why you are allowing them too. Name calling is for children and should have been left in the playground, years ago. If you can't except that others are different, you will spend your life fighting the world.

Nikki Louise Plummer I couldn't care less about what silly eejits tagged me into with their infantile comments, new timeline conspiracy theories & all round derailements re the McC case Cora CoCo. Like I say ppl were also debating it in a reasonable way anyway. The point I made, if you read my comment again, is that all this has done is drive a wedge thru some McC justice campaigners & for what exactly? Ill prepared, ill advised BS.

Cora CoCo My post wasn't even about you Nikki! I've not read your post and don't intend to! As in my opinion all the bitching gets no one anywhere! X

Nikki Louise Plummer Sorry Cora CoCo your post came shortly after mine. No idea who you're laying the law down to, looked like me from your post but perhaps you meant others in this group? Everyone's entltled to express their view, we're adults & don't need patronising. A dramatic release of info that transpired to be BS has caused havoc atm, fact.

Cora CoCo I'm not laying the law down with anyone individual! No one wants to read under the cuff comments. If my post appears patronizing to you then maybe you need to do a little work on yourself, as like I said I hadn't read your post! Someone's egos a little stretched this morning, it appears. Have a fab day huni pie xx

Sharon Wheatley you say about people being childish name calling then proceed to insult people yourself .cora pot kettle springs to mind ..
    Sykes
    Sykes

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Empty EVEN BUSHMEAST PATTIE IS DERIDING IT

Post  Sykes Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:57 pm

xxxxhttp://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/making-something-out-of-absolutely.html
    (Remove xxxx to access link)
    Clearly, there is just a glitch on the Wayback site because it just makes no damn sense. Common sense - which seems to be missing in this case - should tell anyone that the government is not going to accidentally put up a webpage that a child is missing three days before the parents report her missing to the police. If a conspiracy is SO big that the government is in on the disappearance, they are hardly going to do something so incredibly stupid. The whole idea just makes my head hurt and want to slam it into a wall.
    You know it's a conspiraloon invention too far, when even Bushmeat is mocking it.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:34 am

Tony Bennett Today at 10:14 am
    Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
    Pat Brown having a bit of a moan about Stevo's find:

Clearly, there is just a glitch on the Wayback site because it just makes no damn sense. Common sense - which seems to be missing in this case - should tell anyone that the government is not going to accidentally put up a webpage that a child is missing three days before the parents report her missing to the police. If a conspiracy is SO big that the government is in on the disappearance, they are hardly going to do something so incredibly stupid. The whole idea just makes my head hurt and want to slam it into a wall.
    I would just observe that Pat Brown's reasoning above is linked to her unswerving belief that Madeleine died some time after she had 'high tea' with her parents and the nanny at around 5.30pm to 6pm on 3 May.

This was also the settled belief of Goncalo Amaral as expressed in 'The Truth About A Lie'. Amaral was persuaded of the truthfulness of all those who gave evidence about this event. So, presumably, is Pat Brown.

Because Pat Brown has closed her mind to other possibilities, and is perhaps unfamiliar with the extraordinarily close nexus between the McCanns and Jim Gamble, who was the head of CEOP on 30 April 2007, she is unable to see why, to some people, the idea that Jim Gamble or a colleague might have - covertly - set up a 'dummy' page about Madeleine on 30 April 2007 makes perfect damn sense
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:23 pm

From another forum with thanks.
    The Richard Hall conspiraloon, the one that's chummy with Bennett:
    Operation Grange should be quarantining the offices and computers of CEOP, to preserve further evidence which could show they had knowledge of this case 3 days before anyone is supposed to have been informed. And also how and why they may have had this knowledge.
    Yes, off you trot and demand the Met do that thing. It's a fantastic idea, best ever!

Because at the behest of Stevo and Blondie, of all people, the haters are making such utter tw@ts of themselves over this, there is every chance they are causing terminal damage to the whole We Hate The McCanns campaign.

So, carry on, all of you!
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

From the Debate group - Stevo is apparently threatening people for laughing at him.
    Cass Sidebotham This from the main man

Steve Marsden This is not a game or a school playground. Enough is enough. I know where the players live. Pamela Gurney, Sidebotham and others can expect legal action.

Cass Sidebotham Steve Marsden 'I live in the US, and Facebook is an American company and in my jurisdiction' looooool

Aren't you forgetting the First Amendment, Steve?

Cass Sidebotham Steve Marsden

There has been a lot of cyber bullying and vitriolic hate postings directed to Frances and myself over the past couple of days.
    As a lot of the posters are in my blocked list it's impossible to message them to inform them that we are taking legal action against Mr. Ben Thompson and others. I'm also not in his group so can't post there.
    I'm sure this message will be recirculated so let Mr. Thompson know that he is now on notice of impending legal action against his cyber bullying. I will be seeking financial damages and an injunction against his postings.

Cass Sidebotham I am creasing up here

Cass Sidebotham I am thinking of setting up a GoFundMe to help prevent Ben being extradited to the US, who is with me? Sorcha Mc I am sure you will donate

Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:36 pm

A forker sobs:
    I would urge caution . The news from Portugal is not good. .It cannot be used by Amaral and the PJ.. .I am gutted

I will update you when I have it in writing
    Well, why on earth would the PJ be interested in this stupid, conspiraloon bollox? Pity Gonzo hasn't bitten, though.

Sez hounder admin get'em (Jill Havern):
    I asked Stevo about this yesterday and he sent me this message:

"Hi Jill, I was actually looking into CEOP. I've used the Wayback Machine since about 2000. I routinely look into it but just stumbled across the CEOP April 30 thing while looking for something else to do with SOCA."
    Might have been an idea, then, if he'd looked at a few other pages, and seen the Wayback calendar had repeated the same glaring error - news stories from October carrying an April date.

Or was that too boring? Much more exciting to run around with his hair on fire shouting, Look what I've found! I have Cracked the Case!
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:50 am

: Claim by 'Stevo' - "CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007"
    Post aquila Today at 9:46 pm

What is present at the moment is some people with experience in technology who have no absolute concrete evidence that this Wayback stuff is concrete evidence of anything - let alone whether it would stand up in a court of law (that's the new one) and ripping into each other on their alleged expertise on the matter.

Wayback have been sent numerous emails I should imagine.

HiDeHo has been called into question and blamed for asking upfront questions.

Isabelle McFadden is being questioned also.

Pat Brown has been denigrated.

Steve Marsden (Stevo), the one who threw in this grenade without taking out the pin is now very quiet on the matter.

Richard D. Hall has called the man from Wayback (Mr Butler) an expert without checking his credentials.

Everyone's bitching and witching....and all for what?

There is no concrete evidence...just a bit of a thing from Steve Marsden (sorry, I don't know who he is, I haven't read Fake Abduction either) who says he stumbled across this info whilst looking for something else.

I've seen some nonsense in my 4 years on this forum but this one takes the biscuit.

Just my opinion.
    Exactly.   Ande don't forget the part played in all this by his 'partner in stupidity' Blondie, who is now flooding various forums with multiple IDs - for an example of their earlier silliness see my Take on Dog and Bitch.   Sykes

And just to re-enforce my above comment, Blondie cloak'n'dagger is back:
    I don't believe it can be proven one way or the other at this stage. If what Steve says is true a cover up would very quickly have been put in place

But it shouldn't stop us in our quest for the truth.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:47 am

Many have suspected for a while that Arch Hater Petermac may be having mental health issues, and this would seem to confirm it:
    I wonder if Gamble would be able to explain. He was in charge at the time.
    What, of the Wayback server? Don't be so STUPID.

Several pages from Wayback have been screengrabbed and posted, all with the same date error on them. When is it going to sink in that you've all been taken for a ride?

And provided great entertainment, I may add. All sorts of people are going YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! 4064926802 at you for falling for this.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:30 pm

If Christopher Butler would be kind enough to reply to the questions asked
    by Tony on 18th June we would all be much wiser.
    He's probably sick to death of being pestered by nutjobs over a very obvious tecchy glitch. Unless, of course, the nutjobs think Wayback has a gift of prophecy to make the Delphi Oracle jealous:
    YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Ceopda10

What is the Wayback date? And what is the date on the stories? It's no wonder that, as usual,

THE PROS ARE LAUGHING AT YOU
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:32 am

Truly astounding pronouncement by some hounder minion, in the course of the ongoing bollox over Wayback, and the fight with Syn of the Yard:
    1) Because there are people already here who are also specialised in the same field and smell the BS, epecially when people sign up just to tell us we are wrong.

2) History of this forum shows we should be wary, after 8 years a real "new member" is rare.

3) We don't adopt this attitude all the time.

The other thing to watch out for is starting David Icke Forum type "crazy" theories - diminish the good stuff by surrounding it with the nutty... "hey look... they're all nuts".
    The David Icke forum is a great example of the interesting thing being deliberately smothered by the wacky. Now it's all wacky as the good posters went away.

Protecting forum integrity is important.  
    Integrity? You lot?

And yes, you are all nuts, you've demonstrated it to everyone currently going  Laughing  Laughing at you for falling for Blondie's latest trollery, and then holding a contest to 'prove' how much you all know about coding, etc.

What a bunch of delusional muppets!

PS - Don't forget to tell Amaral to use this sh*te in court!
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:38 am

Sez Magnum/Blondie:
    Interesting that the pro McCanns are really not happy with this research but continue to attempt to discredit us.
    On the contrary, the 'pro McCanns' are absolutely delighted with you lot, and the complete ar@es you are making of yourselves.

Indeed, the 'pro McCanns' are hoping Amaral will use Stevo's 'research' in court and completely destroy himself.

PS - if those currently in raptures over 'Stevo's research' cannot see their glaring error, then they really are too stupid to be allowed to cross busy roads by themselves.

So, do carry on trashing yourselves - 'pro McCanns' are loving your work!
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:46 am

Another one:
    Has anyone found another page with similar traits, most posted here or cmomm are of 30/04 to prove nothing was wrong on that day but none display any future events.
    Yup. Several times.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Ceopda10

And just like in Stevo's screengrab:

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Screen25

the month of May is missing - it jumps from April to June. June doesn't normally follow April does it?  

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Screen26

Carry on, though - and don't forget to tell Gonzo about Stevo's 'research'.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:35 am

Forker:
    If this were true then the Secret services would be the ones to pull the strings. Gambles background in NI certainly points to his mastery of the Dark Arts IMO. It would be no way absurd to think the American secret services controlled the Wayback site, who else would use this service to its full potential.  

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Screen27
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:06 pm

What puzzles me is why nothing has been reported in the MSM ?
    Because April Fools' Day was months ago?

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! April-fools-day-002
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:02 pm

rustyjames wrote:
    Just been playing around with the Wayback/Internet Archive's API's.

Haven't got anywhere to store the output online, but this link selects all index entries for the CEOP site on April 30th 2007 - http://web.archive.org/cdx/search/cdx?url=www.ceop.gov.uk&matchType=prefix&gzip=false&from=20070430&to=20070430

There are entries in there for news articles in the future.
    To which sensible post another hounder wails:
    So what does that mean?
    It means you've all made complete plonkers of yourselves. Because for whatever reason, there was indeed a glitch at the business end of Wayback.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:26 am

Re: Claim by 'Stevo' - "CEOP show Maddie is missing on 30th April 2007"
    Post Richard D. Hall Today at 10:49 pm

It's a pity WBM have not given a full definitive statement on why they changed their original stance. I appreciate all the analysis, but we need a full technical disclosure from them which as far as I am aware we have not had.
    I hate to break it to the conspiraloons, who are desperate to find some kind of bizarre plot in all this, but a bundle of eight year old press releases with the wrong date simply are NOT that important in the big, wide world.

'Full technical disclosure' indeed.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:19 am

It seems the whole thing has now been sorted out and LOGICALLY explained - and as anyone sane knew from the start, it was some kind of glitch.

Frankly, any hater that persists with conspiracy theories after this needs to check themselves into their nearest psychiatric hospital for treatment as a matter of urgency.

And personally, I have ZERO interest in knowing what caused it. To anyone except an obsessive hater, it is a matter of complete non-relevance and non-important; I am sure we all have more interesting things to do than pursue this, like watching paint dry.

However, I am pleased to report that some of the haters are continuing to deny the glaringly obvious, and turn logic, common sense and reality on their heads, and insist that they have uncovered some vast, over-arching, international conspiracy.
    I suspect a lot of the nutjobs are still flogging this dead horse, because they have the bizarre fixation that Madeleine vanished before May 3rd, so naturally, this horsesh*t reinforces their prejudices.

Let's suspend reality for a minute. Doesn't that make their beloved Amaral look even more useless and inept than he manages himself, that he somehow missed this Big Clue?

They still don't even seem to have noticed that MAY is missing from the screengrab Stevo posted - though no doubt they will find a way of convincing themselves that that proves....something, Lord knows what.

This whole farce has only served to confirm just how stupid and desperate they are, frankly.

Last edited by Sykes on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Post Phyllis Tyne Today at 2:53 pm

WLBTS is talking a good game over the road but my understanding is that he is a games coder and I wouldn't necessarily take the word of a games coder on a web issue for the same reason that I wouldn't let a heart surgeon remove my brain tumour.

Anyway, WLBTS used to love Occam's razor - SO, if you were to apply Occam's razor to this chain of events, which do you think would be the least likely explanation?
    That there was a giant international conspiracy involving CEOPS, the CIA, Wayback, etc...

PS - I smell Bennett sock from that one; they've opened that section of Hellhole up to unregistered guests to post in, and that one knows an awful lot about another poster.....
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 pm

I sometimes think Operation Grange are taking so long because they are waiting for us lot (and the other lot) to solve it for them. Very Happy

I bet they don`t investigate half the stuff we do.
    Of course they don't.

Because they aren't (thankfully) staffed by gullible, nasty haters that fall for every bit of stupidity started by WUMs and game-players.
    Sykes
    Sykes

YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP - BUT THEY DID! Empty BENNETT SENDS ONE OF HIS BORING DEMANDS TO THE WAYBACK DIRECTOR

Post  Sykes Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:15 am

Post Tony Bennett Today at 11:27 pm

This letter to Mr Kahle, Director of Wayback, is for real.

I sent it by e-mail earlier this evening:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To Mr Brewster Kahle
    Director
    Wayback Machine

23 June 2015

I wrote to your Office Manager Mr Butler on 17 June asking him three questions about your apparent capture of a page on the site of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre at 11.58am on 30 April 2007.

This followed one email from Mr Butler (to Isabelle McFadden, 17 June, 9.47am) confirming that the capture was accurate and, moreover, attaching copies of what data were captured on that occasion.

The three questions I asked were:

1. Can you confirm when this page was first recognised and archived by your servers?
    2. Can you also confirm what were the contents of the page read on that date?
    3. Please can you provide the exact date and time?

He has not since replied, although in one of his three emails that day he did say that Wayback was investigating the matter.

I am asking these questions again because as you may now know the has been a great deal of interest about this 30 April ‘capture’ on a number of websites which closely follow the case of missing Madeleine McCann, since someone examined the Wayback Machine and apparently found a ‘mccann’ page on the CEOP site three days before Madeleine was reported missing.

On one Madeleine McCann forum, ‘The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann’, for example, there have in the past 7 days been over 26,000 views of threads discussing Mr Butler’s 3 contradictory e-mails. On another similar site, Madeleine McCann Mystery’, there have been a further 16,000 views. There will be many more until Wayback provides a convincing and conclusive explanation for Mr Butler’s contradictory e-mails on this matter .

There has been on these two sites (and elsewhere) much technical discussion. It can be summarised as follows.
    Many suggest that your ‘capture’ was perfectly accurate and consistent with some of the possible scenarios in this as-yet-unsolved case. A typical such post was this:

“Through all of these pages and pages of arguments and counter-arguments I'm afraid my initial assessment of the situation still stands. This was a genuine capture of an April 30 page that was not made public. There were going to be two photos but only one was in place. I believe the second photo had a placeholder in place, so that the second photo could be inserted when provided. There were links to pdf's of posters, which could also be uploaded when provided. Until I see something that convinces me otherwise, that's where my opinion lies. There was no error on WBM's part. It was accurate”.

Others have come forward with a whole variety of different scenarios as to how an error might have occurred, if that is there ever was any error. These suggestions often conflict with each other and are fiercely contested amongst those who think there might have been an error.

I am not aware of any further e-mails or any statement yet by your company about the controversy raging about this capture on 30 April 2007. This must surely be of significant concern to you and many others as well. After all, as many have observed, if there was indeed an error affecting that ‘capture’ then:

what kind of error was it,
    * why did it happen,
    * how many other similar errors have been made by Wayback
    * and over what period of time?

Indeed someone asked the obvious question: Can we actually rely on Wayback any more?

Furthermore, concern has been expressed by some that they have reason to believe that you are not only trying to find out what the problem is (if any), but have been trying to ‘fix’ it and, even more worryingly, are altering the data you had captured. Some have observed that this amounts to the deliberate falsification of data. A further obvious concern is that if the 11.58am capture on 30 April is not correct, it is scarcely credible that only one fault, on this ‘mccann’ page, has been found. There must be others, and Wayback surely has a duty to its customers to fully explain the nature of any error.

If Wayback has any value, it must be accurate. Any errors must be fully explained: people have even been convicted of crimes on the apparent robustness of your data. If you have altered data in this case, how will anyone in future know whether the data they see on your website are the original data - or have been subject to all manner of amendment?

I should be glad therefore if you could please answer my queries or let me know when you will be in a position to make a full statement on this controversial issue.

Anthony Bennett

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm