A Platform For Exposing The Worst Hater Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BRET, HIDEHO AND OTHERS .... THE WORST HATER TROLLS

2 posters

AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK

Bosie
    Bosie

AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK Empty AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK

Post  Bosie Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am

1.0 out of 5 stars Bio or Creative Writing?, November 6, 2007
    By Gail K. Powers (TOP 500 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

Curiousity got the better of me, so I read the whole thing in less than two hours. This was a repeat performance of his last book about Joan Crawford. David Bret seems to be following a recipe for mediocrity......collect all the salacious stories you can about your long dead victim (Valentino), throw in a heavy doses of gossip about friends and acquaintances (also long dead), flesh out the stories with graphic detail, call it a book, and sell it. Seriously, if you want to read an excellent Valentino bio read Emily Leider's book which is an objective treatment and well researched. Bret's book is a joke and not worth your $ or your time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hype or Tripe, May 25, 2008
    By Jeanette Shepard (REAL NAME)

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see was something I learned a long time ago. I would certainly apply the adage to this book.

In all of his "biographies, according to David Bret, every (deceased) person in the movie industry; male and female, from the lighting technicians to the highest paid stars and the movie moguls themselves; the single and the married as well, were all either, bi-sexual, lesbian, homosexual... or wish they were. Mr. Bret offers no proof except what apparently exists in the fantasy dream world of others or his own imagination... and perhaps wishful thinking.

It makes for titillating reading but unless the author can back up his claims it is all fiction and the reader should take it with a grain of salt.

1.0 out of 5 stars No star for you!, January 1, 2002
    By Rambova

This book is truly horrid! According to this author 90% of 1920's Hollywood were gay or lesbian and Valentino slept with them all. The timeline of events in Valentino's life has numerous errors, errors that could have been corrected by the most basic research. There is absolutely no documentation given for the outrageous stories told in this book and quotes from movie fan magazines of the period are taken GROSSLY out of context, some even being altered a bit to fit the author's storyline. If Valentino had been gay and was forced to live in hiding due to the times he lived in - it was a great tragedy. However, if the stories in this book are to be believed he lived quite openly and everyone knew it. A hard thing to believe with the Hays "morality" Office snooping around hell bent on cleaning up Hollywood. If you want an honest look into the life of Rudolph Valentino there are many biographies better than this, some written by people who actually knew him. If however, you'd prefer the fictionalized, Jerry Springer version of events, then this is the book for you!
    Bosie
    Bosie

AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK Empty Re: AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK

Post  Bosie Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm

What puzzles me regarding bret is why he is so obsessed with gayness. Does it really matter if someone is gay? Doesn't make them any less human, does it? And there's the unpleasant sexual innuendoes, the made-up obituaries if anyone upsets him by daring to question his motives etc and the often voiced vicious desire that people die a nasty and painful death if they upset him. All this makes me wonder what makes him behave like this. Is he just nasty for the sheer fun of it or is there some ulterior motive? Is it just to keep his name 'up in lights'? Does the adulation of his 'fans' act as a kind of drug that boosts his ego?
    coco
    coco

AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK Empty Re: AMAZON REVIEWS OF HIS VALENTINO BOOK

Post  coco Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:50 pm

he has fans ?
    Bosie
    Bosie

Post  Bosie Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

coco wrote: he has fans ?
    He seems to have, so I have been told, mainly on the internet and seen egging him on to trash his enemies. You may have seen some of them on twitter posting to him re Madeleine McCann. His targets for death wishes these days tend to be those on twitter who do not support the idea that the parents might have harmed their daughter.
    coco
    coco

Post  coco Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 pm

he says the same thing all the time tho . deathwish , insults women , spews about tehm being dirty , says theyre racists and so on .

doesnt matter who it is he keeps on sayin the same things . needs a rubber room he does .
    Bosie
    Bosie

Post  Bosie Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 am

coco wrote:he says the same thing all the time tho . deathwish , insults women , spews about tehm being dirty , says theyre racists and so on .

doesnt matter who it is he keeps on sayin the same things . needs a rubber room he does .
    He does sound like a badly cracked old vinyl record, I must admit. A misogynist perhaps?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:52 pm

According to Bret Hala wrote all of those and he still refers to her as 'Natacha Rambova'...Hala wrote none of these. She wrote her own review which Bret harassed then somehow had deleted. It was before his sites.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 am