A Platform For Exposing The Worst Hater Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BRET, HIDEHO AND OTHERS .... THE WORST HATER TROLLS

3 posters

BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME

Sykes
    Sykes

BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME Empty BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME

Post  Sykes Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm

From another forum, with thanks to the poster.
     Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Wow, Annie, what you experienced is more like the norm. If I were a library providing "multimedia," I would have a special monitored room in which children can use a computer for specific goals and special learning sessions. The rest of the library should be for READING and RESEARCHING (are those done any more?) Hey, in my opinion, if one does not have access to a computer, he should go to an Internet Cafe although we lack those here in the US. When I travel, I pay a buck an hour and can do whatever I want with the computer. Libraries, however, shouldn't be for adults and kids to socialize on and play games. Take that stuff elsewhere. Sadly, though, I don't think the library is used much for research anymore (as I can tell you from the fact that my college students rarely quoted anything that I couldn't find on a website) and reading, well, some of that is still going on but less and less of anything of worth is being read in favor of junk reading.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown When I was homeschooling and had my children at the checkout with their stack of books (decent ones because I had to approve them) the librarian actually asked me how I got my   kids to read! I told her, "I make them."

Comment from the poster:  "Making" her kids read - is that exemplary parenting? I do recall a previous post where she bragged about the activities she "made" her kids do whilst she got on with obsessing about her lodger she claimed was a serial killer. I wonder if her kids are still readers? In my experience, being forced to read tends to kill the pleasure of it.

But then Browns views on nurturing are general controversial. Take for example, a recent FB post she made about another reading initiative, namely, reading aloud to a dog.

"Read to Rover" - "I know I shouldn't make fun of this, but, really, how dumb does this child and parent combo have to be to show up?"

Comment from the poster: It's apparently a programme for children with special needs where they settle down with their book and their pet and read to it. Umpteen followers replied to say that it had proved beneficial in encouraging children with self-esteem issues to read aloud. Specifically, they reported that the dog provided a friendly, patient and non-judgmental audience for a shy child to practice his/her reading skills.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Yeah, guys, I know what it is used for. I still think it is very silly. I would never tell my child to read to our cats because she would think I am an idiot. Sorry, just think there are adults can find more intelligent ways if they just use their heads and take their time. Having a child do something that is fake is never right.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Where is the nonjudgmental adult in all of this? Can't they do it? They need substitute an animal and claim the animal is listening to the story?

Suzanne Beseau Lynn Pat, do you know or have been around children who struggle with learning, developmental disabilities, mental health or other social issues such as just being shy?

Robin Reynolds Pat, I'm worried about you. Maybe your career has hardened you too much. It's time for some vacation and self care.

Erin Kathleen McNamara I am with everyone else. I am actually surprised at this post Pat, I thought you were more empathic than that. Yeah, it's silly in some ways, but awesome in the bigger picture, more important ways.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Yes, my opinion, Suzanne, is that educators and parents need to do their jobs properly and not stoop to this silliness. Having a therapy dog to give a child comfort is fine, but telling a kid to read to a dog is foolishness. Hence, why I homeschooled. I tught my children to read and speak by providing a nuturing environment. If a school or parent has to resort to a dog to do their job, they are failing in it.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown (And I am totally PRO service and therapy dogs providing services that are unique to dogs). Dogs don't understand children reading books, so it is not right to make this a project. Now, if your child enjoys reading his book to his pet at home, fine, it is a child PRETENDING his animal is listening. For an adult to promote this as REAL, is another thing. And if adults have to resort to kids reading to dogs as a learning technique, they have seriously missed the boat. So, yeah, Suzanne, while the other are right that I really just thought it amusing when I put it up, the issue behind it does bug me. I AM judging this methodology which is my right as a human being as it is your right to judge it more positively than me.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown BTW, why the heck do kids have to be forced into public speaking? It is not for everyone. BUT, if you want your children to be able to do it, the Jehovah's Witnesses know how to accomplish it. I haven't met one kid from that religion who can't speak to a group. And they were taught by adults wihout dogs.

Suzanne Beseau Lynn Will you at least look into how effective this is in many treatment necessities? Cognitive, learning, developmental, speech, mental health, Autusm/Aspberger Spectrum disorders. It promotes self esteem and getting over simple shynes

Suzanne Beseau Lynn Do you practice or have you ever practiced in a mirror before going on a TV show? It is a similar yet simple and elementary example, but truly apropos to this discussion.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown actually no,Suzanne. and if I want my kids to practice that way I would tell her to read to her doll or teddy bear.

Kelly Daniels Funny that you, Pat Brown, are asking where the nonjudgmental adult is when you are so judge mental.... Hateful...

Robert Hofer I think it's a great idea. Kids are often shy about 'public speaking' and no matter how bad they screw up the dogs will always look interested and non judgemental  
    Broho

BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME Empty Re: BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME

Post  Broho Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:25 pm

She would be better off speaking to her hand.
    coco
    coco

BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME Empty Re: BUSHMEAT GIVES ADVICE - BETTER HOHO DOESN'T READ THAT SHE IS RUBBISHING DOGS THIS TIME

Post  coco Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:20 pm

When I was homeschooling and had my children at the checkout with their stack of books (decent ones because I had to approve them

Must have been a barrel of laughs for her kids , shut up in the house with a nutter for a mother .
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Assuming she is telling the truth, I wouldn't trust her to tutor a dead newt.  I am sure she is playing to the chattering masses, as usual.
    Broho

Post  Broho Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Her kids were probably too embarrassed in case the other kids and mothers saw them with her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm