A Platform For Exposing The Worst Hater Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BRET, HIDEHO AND OTHERS .... THE WORST HATER TROLLS

3 posters

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL

Sykes
    Sykes

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL Empty MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL

Post  Sykes Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 am

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL BsDT4TKCQAA_yQk

Kate and Gerry McCann's son knew of Goncalo Amaral's claim they dumped their daughter's body.

A libel trial heard Sean, nine, told his mum: 'He said you hid Madeleine.'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-parents-cops-claims-3830246

Madeleine McCann parents: 'Cops claims we killed daughter and hid body in freezer stopped people searching for her'
    Jul 08, 2014 21:38 By Paul Byrne_

Gerry McCann said of ex cop Goncalo Amaral's book: "It says Madeleine is dead, that there is no ­abduction and claims myself, my wife and our friends are liars and would be so cold and ruthless as to hide our ­daughter’s body"

Struggling to cope with the unbearable anguish of having a missing child was hard enough for Kate and Gerry McCann to bear.

But to be then accused of being involved in the death of their daughter Madeleine and covering it up came like a crushing blow to the couple.

And yesterday the pair told how ­allegations made in a book by disgraced Portuguese ­detective Goncalo Amaral left them “crushed and ­devastated”.

Kate said the policeman’s claims left her unable to sleep at night and are hampering the hunt for Madeleine, who vanished from the family’s Algarve holiday apartment in 2007.

And the 46-year-old former GP told a court she believed Amaral’s book, The Truth of the Lie, had turned the ­Portuguese people against the couple.

Kate also revealed the policeman’s smears had reached the ears of their nine-year-old son who asked her: “Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?” She was asked by judge Maria de Melo e Castro about claims she and 45-year-old Gerry dumped Madeleine’s body after she was accidentally killed in their Praia da Luz apartment.

Kate branded the allegation “far-fetched” and added: “It was about Madeleine being killed and us having moved the body and then storing her in a freezer and then transporting the body in a hire car several weeks later.

“We were so desperate to find Madeleine and I just felt it was destroying our chances.”

Asked how she felt when she first read Amaral’s book, she replied: “I was ­devastated. It made me feel quite desperate because of injustice I felt towards my daughter and our family.

“It was very painful to read and I felt sad for Madeleine and I also felt anxious and fearful because of the damage I felt it was doing in Portugal.

“For example, he insists Madeleine was dead. He also essentially accuses myself and my husband of being somehow involved in her disappearance and of faking an abduction. Throughout the book he consistently smears myself and my husband.”

Kate and Gerry are suing Amaral for libel, claiming his book and interviews on TV and radio are wrecking their bid to find their daughter, who was three when she vanished.

Kate said: “I think Mr Amaral’s book had most impact in Portugal. It was read by hundreds of thousands of people and this has been fortified by multiple media interviews. If they believed what he said, that Madeleine was dead, or that we were involved, they would not look for Madeleine and they would not come forward with information.”

Asked about a 2009 ­Portuguese TV documentary, based on the book, Kate said: “To be honest it felt even worse with regards to the potential power and damage. I felt the documentary was Mr Amaral being even more insistent.

“For me that intensified the pain because of the injustice and anxiety about the damage this could cause to the search. We were working so hard, we were flat out, drained, doing ­everything in our power to try and find Madeleine. It was hard enough in itself but when your efforts are being crushed in this way, it intensifies the pain.”

Kate told the hearing in Lisbon she felt anxious about returning to Portugal where she believes locals are now ­suspicious of her and her husband.

She said: “I still feel, and this is supported by what friends and ­associates have told us, that in Portugal the majority of people are against us. It also makes me feel uneasy and uncomfortable when I come to Portugal because I think people are thinking bad things about us.

“There were many, many nights where I was unable to sleep because I was too upset and crying too much. This pain and emotion was caused by what Mr Amaral was doing.”

Asked about how Sean and his twin sister Amelie have been coping with the ­relentless bad publicity, Kate replied: “They know Mr Amaral has written a book and about the documentary. Sean asked me in October, ‘Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?’ I just said, ‘He did, he said a lot of silly things.’”

Kate, of Rothley, Leics, told of a group in Britain called the Madeleine Foundation, which promotes Mr Amaral’s claims. She said: “They posted leaflets in our village reinforcing Mr Amaral’s theories just as the children were about to go to school.”

Kate spoke for 55 minutes before making way for Gerry. He told the court: “The book is an affront to me, my wife, my family and the people who believe in us. The ­documentary is even worse. It starts off that Madeleine is dead, that there is no ­abduction and essentially claims myself, my wife and our friends are liars and would be so cold and ruthless as to hide our ­daughter’s body rather than try to help her should something have happened.

“When the file was closed it was made clear there was no evidence Madeleine was dead and no evidence Kate and I were responsible for hiding her body.”

Kate and Gerry flew back home last night. A decision in the case is not expected until later this year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-parents-cops-claims-3830246#ixzz36vdxliNp
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook  

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL BsDdnG5CAAErx_i
    Sykes
    Sykes

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL Empty Lisbon Judge wants to see profits from the book of Gonçalo Amaral

Post  Sykes Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:00 pm

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/juiza-quer-ver-lucros-do-livro-de-goncalo-amaral

Lisbon Judge wants to see profits from the book of Gonçalo Amaral Required to provide tax information to McCann Gonçalo Amaral Tax Authority.

The McCanns will enlist the help of the IRS to prove that Gonçalo Amaral, former coordinator of the PJ investigating Maddie's disappearance in 2007, in the Algarve, had profits from the book 'Maddie - The Truth of the Lie'. The decision was made yesterday in an order of the judge of the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, who is to judge the claim for compensation of EUR 1.2 million for defamation. "What's new office addresses of the Tax Authority to authorize the institution to provide the tax information requested. Should be obtained with waiver of confidentiality and it is essential to clarify any profits that have arisen from the conduct in question," the judge read yesterday. Just War and Peace publisher objected.

The move means that the process will be stopped during the summer. The final trial hearing - sentencing - will only be scheduled after the court receives the information from the tax authorities. In yesterday's session, Kate and Gerry McCann reported how the publication of the book affected the family in court. "Devastated, shocked and distressed" were the words used. Gonçalo Amaral's defense questioned why only the work 'True Lies' was the target process when there were more books published.

=======

Er, because that's the one written by the disgraced ex-cop that was supposed to be finding a missing child, not framing her parents?

Who then went on to launch a vendetta against them when he was first kicked off the case and then 'retired' from the PJ under a cloud?

That book?

Tell you, the latest new lawyer is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
    Rachel Granada
    Rachel Granada

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL Empty Re: MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL

Post  Rachel Granada Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Amoral was ordered months ago to reveal how much blood-money he had made out of his book, around last September/October? I wonder how much longer he will stall.
    coco
    coco

MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL Empty Re: MEDIA REPORTS ON YESTERDAY AT THE LIBEL TRIAL

Post  coco Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 pm

he can' t run forever . wonder how long this lawyer will last ?
    Rachel Granada
    Rachel Granada

Post  Rachel Granada Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm

coco wrote:he can' t run forever . wonder how long this lawyer will last ?

The new legal eagle (or sparrow, more like) will more than likely do a bunk when he realises that he has backed the wrong horse and his bills won't be paid. The numpties can't keep on passing round the begging bowl forever, sooner or later they will wise up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 am