A Platform For Exposing The Worst Hater Trolls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BRET, HIDEHO AND OTHERS .... THE WORST HATER TROLLS

LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS

Sykes
    Sykes

LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS Empty LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS

Post  Sykes Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 pm

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Brenda-Leyland-inquest-Sky-News-reporter-director/story-25733829-detail/story.html

Brenda Leyland inquest: Sky News reporter and director to give evidence
    By atroughton  |  Posted: December 18, 2014

LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS 9218797-large

The TV reporter who confronted a woman believed to have sent more than 4,000 abusive texts about the parents of missing youngster Madeleine McCann is to give evidence at her inquest.

Martin Brunt, crime correspondent at Sky News, is to be called as a witness at the inquest into the death of Brenda Katheryn Gabrielle Leyland, of Burton Overy, who was found dead in a room at the Leicester Marriott Hotel in Enderby on October 4.

Mr Brunt questioned Ms Leyland, 63, at her home on Thursday October 2.

At a pre-inquest review at Leicester town hall today coroner Catherine Mason said that Mr Brunt and Jonathan Levy, director of news gathering operations at Sky News, would be called to give evidence.

She said: “I understand from my officers that of all of the witnesses to be called to give oral evidence there is nobody who will have any criminal action taken against them.”  

Mrs Mason heard that the police investigation into circumstances surrounding the death of Ms Leyland had been completed.

Ms Leyland, a mother-of-two, was named on national television on October 4 as an internet troll accused of targeting Kate and Gerry McCann with vile messages on Twitter.

Her tweets included accusations the Rothley couple were involved in their daughter’s disappearance.

Posting on Twitter under the pseudonym @Sweepyface, her messages included: “I ‘hate’ cruelty, liars, those who profit from another’s tragedy, ergo my ‘hate for Kate and Gerry’ is justified.”

Another post read: “To Kate and Gerry, you will be hated by millions for the rest of your miserable, evil, conniving lives, have a nice day!”

Mrs Mason had opened an inquest into Ms Leyland’s death on October 8.

That hearing was told that the cause of her death had not yet been determined. It was not revealed at today’s hearing.

Sergeant Kevin Taylor, of Braunstone police station, was the first officer on the scene and found Ms Leyland’s body.

Giving evidence at the first hearing, he said her body had been taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary on Sunday and formally identified by one of her sons Michael Leyland.

Sgt Taylor confirmed a postmortem examination had taken place but no cause of death had been determined.

Mrs Mason asked if foul play had been involved, to which Sgt Taylor replied: “There did not appear to be. No.”

Sgt Taylor is to be called to give evidence at the full inquest.

The inquest will also hear from Ben Leyland, one of Ms Leyland’s sons.

Mrs Mason said that Ms Leyland had been in touch with her son Ben, who lives in Los Angeles, prior to her death.

The full inquest, which will not feature a jury, is to be held at Leicester town hall on March 20.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Brenda-Leyland-inquest-Sky-News-reporter-director/story-25733829-detail/story.html#ixzz3MFVO5QlM
    Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/sky-tv-duo-to-give-troll-evidence-30846781.html

Sky TV duo to give 'troll' evidence

18 DECEMBER 2014

Two Sky News journalists will be called as witnesses at an inquest into the death of an alleged internet "troll" accused of abusing Madeleine McCann's parents.

A pre-inquest hearing was told that no-one is facing any criminal action over the death of Brenda Leyland, whose body was found in a hotel room after she featured in a Sky News report.

Confirming details of a full inquest due to take place next year, Leicester Coroner Catherine Mason said she would hear evidence from Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt and Head of Newsgathering Jonathan Levy.

Two police officers, a toxicologist and a doctor are also due to give oral evidence at the one-day hearing on March 20.

Adjourning the pre-inquest, Mrs Mason said she would be presented with written statements from a pathologist and one of Mrs Leyland's sons at the next hearing.

Sky News was represented by counsel at the pre-inquest, which heard that officers from Leicestershire Police have completed their inquiries into the 63-year-old's death.

Mrs Mason told Leicester Coroner's Court: "I understand from my officers that, of all the witnesses who I have said that I will call to give oral evidence, there is no nobody to which there is any foreseeability of any criminal action being taken."

The body of Mrs Leyland was discovered at the Marriott Hotel in Enderby, Leicester, in October, two days after a Sky News report exposing internet "trolling" of Kate and Gerry McCann.

Mrs Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, is reported to have posted thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-30532027

McCann 'Twitter troll' Brenda Leyland inquest to hear from Sky News

The inquest into the death of a woman accused of "trolling" the McCanns will hear evidence from two Sky journalists.

Brenda Leyland, from Leicestershire, was found dead in a hotel days after she was confronted over tweets about the family of Madeleine McCann.

A pre-inquest review was told it will hear evidence from a toxicology expert, police and the Sky News journalists.

The coroner said no criminal action was planned against any witnesses and adjourned the hearing until March.

Mrs Leyland, from Burton Overy, was confronted in October by Martin Brunt from Sky News over her use of Twitter.

He questioned her about hate-filled messages about the McCanns on the social networking site.

The 63-year-old was found dead in a hotel several days later.

Mr Brunt, the crime correspondent, and Sky's head of newsgathering Jonathan Levy will both give evidence at her inquest.

Leicester Coroner Catherine Mason said: "I understand from my officers that, of all the witnesses who I have said that I will call to give oral evidence, there is nobody to which there is any foreseeability of any criminal action being taken."

Sky News's legal team was at the short hearing in Leicester earlier which was adjourned for the full inquest on 20 March.

The inquest will also hear written evidence from one of Mrs Leyland's sons and a pathologist.

Madeleine went missing while the Leicestershire family were on holiday in Portugal in 2007.  
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11301107/Sky-News-pair-to-give-evidence-at-Madeleine-McCann-Twitter-troll-death-inquest.html

Martin Brunt to give evidence at Madeleine McCann 'Twitter troll' death inquest
    Coroner to hear evidence from Martin Brunt and Jonathan Levy at inquest into death of Brenda Leyland, found dead after featuring in Sky News report

Two Sky News journalists will be called as witnesses at an inquest into the death of an alleged internet "troll" accused of abusing Madeleine McCann's parents.
    A pre-inquest hearing was told that no one is facing any criminal action over the death of Brenda Leyland, whose body was found in a hotel room after she featured in a Sky News report.
    Confirming details of a full inquest due to take place next year, Leicester coroner Catherine Mason said she would hear evidence from Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt and Head of Newsgathering Jonathan Levy.
    Two police officers, a toxicologist and a doctor are also due to give oral evidence at the one-day hearing on March 20.
    Adjourning the pre-inquest, Mrs Mason said she would be presented with written statements from a pathologist and one of Mrs Leyland's sons at the next hearing.

Sky News was represented by counsel at the pre-inquest, which heard that officers from Leicestershire Police have completed their inquiries into the 63-year-old's death.
    Mrs Mason told Leicester Coroner's Court: "I understand from my officers that, of all the witnesses who I have said that I will call to give oral evidence, there is no nobody to which there is any foreseeability of any criminal action being taken."
    The body of Mrs Leyland was discovered at the Marriott Hotel in Enderby, Leicester, in October, two days after a Sky News report exposing internet "trolling" of Kate and Gerry McCann.
    Mrs Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, is reported to have posted thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.

Sky News journalists to give evidence at inquest of alleged internet troll
    Brenda Leyland was found dead after she featured in Sky News report about abuse of Madeleine McCann’s parents
    Brenda Leyland
    Brenda Leyland was reported to have posted thousands of messages attacking the McCanns. Photograph: Screengrab from Sky News

Press Association

Thursday 18 December 2014 11.53 GMT

Two Sky News journalists will be called as witnesses at an inquest into the death of an alleged internet troll accused of abusing Madeleine McCann’s parents.

A pre-inquest hearing was told that no one is facing any criminal action over the death of Brenda Leyland, whose body was found in a hotel room after she featured in a Sky News report.

Confirming details of a full inquest due to take place next year, Leicester coroner Catherine Mason said she would hear evidence from Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt and its head of newsgathering, Jonathan Levy.

Two police officers, a toxicologist and a doctor are also due to give oral evidence at the one-day hearing on
    Adjourning the pre-inquest, Mason said she would be presented with written statements from a pathologist and one of Leyland’s sons at the next hearing.

Sky News was represented by counsel at the pre-inquest, which heard that officers from Leicestershire police have completed their inquiries into the 63-year-old’s death.

Mason told Leicester coroner’s court: “I understand from my officers that, of all the witnesses who I have said that I will call to give oral evidence, there is no nobody to which there is any foreseeability of any criminal action being taken.”

The body of Leyland was discovered at the Marriott Hotel in Enderby, Leicester, in October, two days after a Sky News report exposing internet “trolling” of Kate and Gerry McCann.

Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, is reported to have posted thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/d ... rnet-troll

Last edited by Sykes on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sykes
    Sykes

LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS Empty Re: LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS

Post  Sykes Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:28 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/dec/18/sky-news-journalists-give-evidence-inquest-alleged-internet-troll

Sky News journalists to give evidence at inquest of alleged internet troll
    Brenda Leyland was found dead after she featured in Sky News report about abuse of Madeleine McCann’s parents

Two Sky News journalists will be called as witnesses at an inquest into the death of an alleged internet troll accused of abusing Madeleine McCann’s parents.

Confirming details of a full inquest due to take place next year, Leicester coroner Catherine Mason said she would hear evidence from Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt and its head of newsgathering, Jonathan Levy.

Two police officers, a toxicologist and a doctor are also due to give oral evidence at the one-day hearing on 20 March.

Adjourning the pre-inquest, Mason said she would be presented with written statements from a pathologist and one of Leyland’s sons at the next hearing.

Sky News was represented by counsel at the pre-inquest, which heard that officers from Leicestershire police have completed their inquiries into the 63-year-old’s death.

Mason told Leicester coroner’s court: “I understand from my officers that, of all the witnesses who I have said that I will call to give oral evidence, there is no nobody to which there is any foreseeability of any criminal action being taken.”

The body of Leyland was discovered at the Marriott Hotel in Enderby, Leicester, in October, two days after a Sky News report exposing internet “trolling” of Kate and Gerry McCann.

Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, is reported to have posted thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.
    Sykes
    Sykes

LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS Empty Re: LEYLAND INQUEST - REPORTS BY REAL JOURNALISTS

Post  Sykes Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sky-news-bosses-give-evidence-4835760

Sky News bosses to give evidence at inquest of troll who posted vile tweets about Maddie McCann's parents

Dec 18, 2014 17:26 By Martin Fricker
    Brenda Leyland’s body was discovered in her room at the Marriott hotel in Leicester in October, shortly after she was ‘outed’ by the news channel

Senior Sky News executives are to give evidence at an inquest into the death of a troll who posted thousands of vile tweets about Madeleine McCann’s parents.

Brenda Leyland’s body was discovered in her room at the Marriott hotel in Leicester in October, shortly after she was ‘outed’ by the news channel.

The 63-year-old fled her home in Burton Overy, Leics, when she was confronted by Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt about her secret trolling.

Sky News revealed she was person behind the anonymous @sweepyface account - who posted offensive comments about Gerry and Kate McCann.

Now Mr Brunt and Jonathan Levy, Sky News’ head of news gathering and operation, will give evidence at her inquest in March.

Coroner Catherine Mason said it was “not foreseeable any criminal action” would be taken against anyone in connection with the tragedy.

Brenda, a divorcee, accused the McCanns of neglect and a cover-up over the disappearance of their daughter in Portugal in May 2007.

It has not been revealed how she died - although police investigating her death have said there was no evidence of foul play.
    Sykes
    Sykes

Post  Sykes Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/416110/Sky-News-Martin-Brunt-Madeleine-McCann-Sweepyface-troll

Sky News reporter avoids criminal charges over 'Sweepyface' troll

SKY News reporter Martin Brunt will not face criminal charges following the suspected suicide of a Madeleine McCann troll he exposed on TV.

By Jerry Lawton / Published 18th December 2014

Brenda Leyland, 63, was found dead in a hotel room from a suspected drug overdose three days after being unmasked as one of dozens of online ghouls who had posted sick messages about the missing girl’s doctor parents Kate and Gerry McCann, both 46.

She had called the couple the "worst of humankind" and tweeted they should "suffer" for the "rest of their miserable lives".

It was revealed Mr Brunt, 59, would not face any criminal action over his investigation.

Both he and Sky’s director of news gathering and operations Jonathan Levy would be called to give evidence at Mrs Leyland’s inquest next year.

Mrs Leyland’s son Ben, 30, is expected to give a written statement.

Coroner Catherine Mason told a pre-hearing at Leicester Town Hall: "I understand from my officers that from all the witnesses I intend to hear evidence from there is nobody that there is any foreseeable plan of criminal action being taken against."

There will be no jury at the inquest which is expected to last less than a day.

The then three-year-old Madeleine vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3 2007 while her parents dined with pals in a nearby tapas bar.

A near four-year probe by the Metropolitan Police to find what happened to her has so far cost taxpayers nearly £10m and is on-going.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 am